Seann
Seann asks:
Q:

We're going to Disneyland!! What's the best Itinerary?

It's our first trip to Disneyland with our pre-schooler and her two younger siblings.  She's super excited about meeting all the Disney princesses and fairies, and we want to be sure we make the best use of our three days in the park to make it a memorable experience for the whole family.  Recognizing that it squarely in the high season --- what's your recommendation on the best itinerary, handling the lines, and how to best manage a pre-schooler's expectations.
In Topics: Family vacations, Family fun / holiday celebrations

|
rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
I haven't been to Disneyland for a really long time, but I can clearly remember the rides that impressed and excited me the most. I like the old, hokey ones the best, like the Peter Pan ride, the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (it inspired the movies) and the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.

0
1
leandro
leandro writes:
I've been to Disneyland once when I was really young. I remember the really long lines and the hot weather. To avoid the long lines, you can purchase a fast pass where you can go in front of the line. &nbsp;The rides are great for young kids since all the rides are not scary at all. I really like the Splash Mountain ride. Its the ride that goes down really fast. But I think the best ride there is Space Mountain.<br />

0
1
hrush
hrush writes:
My daughter loved loved loved the princess fantasy faire.  She got to pick out a dress and have her hair done to look like a princess.  This part was a little spendy 125 or so but she sat still the whole time and enjoyed the entire day walking around looking like sleeping beauty.  Plus we got GREAT pictures and she has worn that dress over and over again.  They also offer a free princess(including  prince's for any boys in your group) show with a may pole and crown decorating that is free.  At this time there is also usually a princess meet and greet to have pics taken and/or autograph books signed.  
She also really enjoyed toon town the rides are a little more geared toward the younger guests and you can meet Mickey in his house.  Also the classic rides she loved where Dumbo and the tea cups.  
If your headed into California Adventure don't miss It's a bugs life area, you will feel as big as a bug walking through right down to the popsicle stick benches and again great rides for younger kids.
As for eating we tried the Goofy's Kitchen breakfast and we were not disappointed, you start out taking pictures with a character ours was pluto, while you wait to be seated, then while your eating a bunch of different characters come around to your table for pictures and autographs. This was a great way to get your autograph book filled with out hunting them down in the park and fighting off crowds.  It was a buffet style breakfast and it had amazing food, right down to the Mickey shaped pastrys, no one left hungry.  Hope this helps.  Have Fun.

1
0
Anonymous