Anonymous
Q:

Whats wrong with my ankle if it hurts every time I walk?

I am a female, and I'm 13 years old. I have been having a soar ankle every time I run for about 3 or 4 years. It is usually in my right ankle. The pain is sharp and it usually happens when I walk or bend my ankle. I play lacrosse, and every time I make cut(sharp turn) my ankle collapses under me. After My ankle collapses it usually hurts for 2 or 3 days, after. There is sometimes swelling but it's barely noticeable, and there's also no bruising. My doctor told me to wear a brace when exercising, but even when I do it does not help. Whats going on?
In Topics: Physical Health

|

I would check with your pediatrician about this.  If what she recommended is not working, feel free to go back and ask again.  Orthopedists are bone doctors and perhaps your insurance would allow a consult with them as well.  Check with your parents and doctor to be sure.  In the meantime, listen to your body. Don't push it if it hurts.

1
0

Wayne Yankus writes:

0
0
artemis.of.the.moon
artemis.of.... , Student writes:
I have ankle and knee problems from running. This is common in teenagers and children, because we're growing. But seriously, the more you push it, the worse it will be.

Your ankle is already injured, you don't want to further that injury. I ran on my already-hurt ankle enough that I got to the point where I was wearing a brace all day long, unless I was in the shower or asleep. It was that bad...

See an orthopedist as well.

0
0