This member has earned 19 points.
Click here to read about the
Education.com Gold Star leveling system
My wife is expecting baby in Mar-2011. Both of us are Indian citizens and Indian passport holders. Our baby will be born in USA. Both of us are workin
1. Is there a possibility to apply for Indian citizenship for my baby now only (I know at 18 yrs she will have the authority to choose USA or Indian citizenship)? Reason is we are planning to settle in India from next yr onwards and do not plan to come back to USA.
2. If she applies for US passport now, I have seen in different forums that OCI cannot be applied if parents are Indian citizens. Is it true? Is there are exception to this?
3. How much total time it takes to apply for SSN, Birth certificate, US Passport, PIO card?
4. How much total time it takes to apply Indian passport (if it is a possibility)?
5. Is this a way that we apply for US passport now (since I heard we can get within 2 weeks) and then once we go back to India, can we apply for Indian passport and citizenship for the baby?
6. What are the disadvantages we will face in India if we have to settle there with US born child – like education, government jobs, etc?
7. Can we apply PAN card for the child in India?
8. Can the baby apply for different entrance exams after class 12?
9. If incase we have to travel to USA for my project purpose, would US govt allow my baby to travel with