moc2
moc2 asks:
Q:

I'm worried about my  almost 12 year old daughter.

We had to move to a new state because of job transfer , we have been here for a year now and my daughter has no friends.  She will be 12 in June. All she wants to do is read. She has great grades. She said she has friends at school but she doesn't want to invite them over and no one has invited her over to their homes. She use to have lots of friends and lots of sleep overs and play dates. She seems very sad to me. She has said that she is called weird from some kids at school.  I just don't think she fits in where we are because it is a Mexican boarder town with mostly Mexicans and she is blond and white. She is very immature  for her age not into clothes, makeup or boys. This has been going on for a year now.  She use to be so happy , friendly .  She is going through puberty.  I just thinks it weird that she hasn't been invited to a birthday party or anything in a year. I keep saying lets invite someone over for a pool party or something and she said no. She also has been very mean to her 7 year old brother and seems angry .
In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Friendships and peer relationships, Children and stress

|