Tabby-az
Tabby-az asks:
Q:

I am a very worried parent about everything my kids do, I ask myself at times am I the horrible parent?

My 15 yr old struggles with everything. She has cognitive disabilities and I don't like to think about that word or anything else close to that, It makes my tear up and I pray to god to help my child. It's heart breaking to hear that your child may never catch up or be like the other kids her age..
In Topics: My child's growth and development

|

Beezhold
Beezhold writes:
Celebrate who she is and where she is at. It is extremely difficult being a parent and all parents feel that they are horrible parents at one time or another. The fact that you feel like a horrible parent, indicates that you are not. Do not focus on what she cannot do, but celebrate the small things that she can do. 90% of life is about having confidence in yourself. Build that confidence, even if you feel like there is little hope for her. It is okay to struggle with parenting because we do not have an instruction manual. I work with children who have special needs, and let me tell you each are at their own level and we work with them to get them to where they feel confident in themselves. Even if we do not think they know what confidence means or how to express it. Don't give up, even if it is a lifelong commitment!

0
0