Anonymous
Q:

Should I still be worried about swine flu, or is flu season over? Now allergy season instead?  

I'm hearing a lot of sneezing (and some coughing) at my child's school and at my work, and am wondering if this is another wave of the flu going around, or just allergy season starting? Unfortunately, we weren't able to get the H1N1 vaccine in the fall (it wasn't available in our area -- not at pediatrician's office or nearby clinics). Is it still necessary to get that vaccination?
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu), Physical Health

|

The H1N1 is still around.  It is "sporadic" in the East and alive and well in the southwest.  This flu may have "crowded out" the usual seasonal flu but we expect it may return in the spring in a somewhat altered form.  It is never too late to be immunized and the vaccine should be abundant now (if not expired) Check with your pediatrician or your county board of health for availability. Remember it comes in mist form for some children and injection for others.  Just ask. Travelers should  be especially cautious.

1
0

andyhere
andyhere writes:
I just came back from the hospital where I've visited my cousin (in London, UK). She had the H1N1 vaccination earlier this year (2010).  She is completely paralysed from her middle down to the toes and it's already been a week. She has no feeling and no movement at all in her legs. That's what made me start my research.

please have a look at the google search results and see how likely it is to be linked: http://www.google.co.uk/#q=flu+vaccine+2010+paralysis

Her condition started by strong pain in the legs that just got worse when she lied down. She gradually lost the use of her legs within the following 20minutes until she had no use of them at all and also no feeling in them.

Obviously we have no proof that this is due to her vaccination earlier this year but I assume it seems like the only "more obvious" reason at all. She was perfectly healthy before this happened (at 34yrs of age)

1
1