stephreevz
stephreevz asks:
Q:

My xhusband's step son is bullying my son and daughter

I found this website by typing in just that.... a bit of history... My son is 10 and my daughter is 6.  They have consistently been sharing stories about how their step brother (6yrs old) is rough and mean to them.  I have witnessed him jump on my son's back and just last night push him in the head with his foot.  It wasn't a kick but it was just a little nudge either.  My daughter has told me that he has kicked her in her vagina and very often hits and pushes her.  I've also witnessed both of them play with him and enjoy his company.  I have tried to my x about it.  He says that it's not as bad as the kids make it out to be and he believes they talk about it with me to get attention.  I want to protect my kids... help

|

It sounds like you are a concerned parent and have every right to be.  Your ex-husband's step son might be testing his boundaries and protecting what he thinks is his territory.  Having to share a family that was once yours is very difficult to accept and change can be really hard.  

It might be time for a family meeting to include both sides and establish some family rules.  If your ex is unwilling to do this then you might need to involve an outside source for support.  You can contact the Boys Town National Hotline for referrals or suggestions for addressing this further at 1-800-448-3000.  Crisis counselors are available 24/7.  

If at any time your children have bruises or you fear their safety then please reach out to Child Protective Services in your area.  It is obvious you love your children very much and are protecting their safety.  

Kay, Counselor
1-800-448-3000

0
0