milsb31
milsb31 asks:
Q:

My seven year old daughter has been playing with friends in the neighborhood sticking her hands down their pants, etc. Is this normal?

In Topics: My child's growth and development

|

Curiosity is normal about same or opposite sex playmates. Now may be the time to ask what she is curious about or heard.  Anatomically correct dolls are sometimes a good assist.  However, it is also a time to raise your suspicion about the behavior.  Seven year olds are aware of male/female differences.  Did some one touch her? did some one ask to touch her or did what she is doing thus giving her license? If you are not sure, go talk to your pediatrician about this.

0
0

snoopyrst
snoopyrst writes:
I am no expert, but I have taught second grade for 15 years and coached children in four sports for more than 30 years. The expert makes a valid point about curiosity but today curiosity has these girls, some very  young,masturbating boys manually. By fourth or fifth grade it often becomes oral masturbation, and by the teen years there is little many girls and boys have not done.It's sad, but at 7 you have to really discuss with her certain elements about the birds and the bees. Seven is a bit early, by 2 years or so, but depending on where you live, your peers and what you allow your child to watch on TV the behavior may be more prevalent than you think. You should not throw a fit and over react because maybe his was just a passing act; but if you under react you could end up with the kind of problems that destroy the futures of so many girls. I will close by saying reach for God to guve you the wisdom to handle this with love and meaning. Good Luck, Ma'am.

0
0