Singlemom28
Singlemom28 asks:
Q:

My six year old was violated at school besides letting the school handle it what can I do?

My six year old daughter was violated at school during recess. A boy who lives in our neighborhood, rides the same bus, and in her class put his hands down her pants and also put leaves in her underwear. The school only separated them and said they would keep an eye on him. After thinking about this I'm not so sure it's enough. Is there anything more I can do to make sure this never happens again? I want the boy in trouble! I want him to know to never touch my child again!!

|

We are sorry to hear that this happened to your daughter.  You have a right to be concern.  The best advice we can give you is to report this incident to Child Protective Services (CPS).  CPS will investigate and make sure this boy gets the help that he needs so he does not hurt anyone else.  

We also encourage you (if you already haven't) to schedule an appointment for your daughter with her pediatrician.  Her pediatrician will be able to assess what happened to your daughter and will make recommendations as to what type of help your daughter might need.

CA, Crisis Counselor
0
0