honeybare
honeybare asks:
Q:

Every year my wife + I make each other V'day gifts. This year I need help. I work well with wood. Any suggestion?

In Topics: Creative arts, Family fun / holiday celebrations

|

I think it's so sweet that you and your wife make each other gifts each year. What a heartfelt approach that could be great for your finances too!

My brother once made me a handcrafted wood cutting board that I cherished very much. The one he made was square with a lip or edge that captured veggie & fruit liquid (for easy cleaning). If your wife likes to cook, perhaps you could make her one in a heart shape.

Another wood-working idea: a handcrafted jewelry box with an item inside (earrings? necklace? ring? you decide!). Or take a beautiful tree branch or stick with lots of arms and character (interesting knobs? coloring? unusual shape?), attach it to a sturdy base, and present it with a necklace or earrings hanging from one or more of the arms. I've also seen earrings made from wood, so that's another idea to explore.

The homemade Valentine's Day gifts on Education.com are primarily focused on children as the gift giver, but you may find some ideas here that spark adult adaptations: http://www.education.com/seasonal/valentines/homemade-gifts/

Enjoy! I'm sure your wife will appreciate whatever gift you make for her, especially if there's love and thoughtfulness involved.

0
0
BarbK , Teacher writes:
What about a wooden box to hold love letters.  You can keep the love going all year long by giving her note, cards, letters monthly reminding her that you love her.

I agree that handmade gifts are the most special and by giving the give of time (by writing your feelings down) just let's her know she has one special husband.

1
0