1 large apple
1 cup quick oats
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups 100% apple juice
- Chop the apple into bite-size chunks.
- Combine the apple chunks, oats, cinnamon, salt, and apple juice in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap. Be sure to leave a little opening for the steam to get out.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Use pot holders to remove the bowl from the microwave because it may be hot. Be careful when removing the lid or plastic wrap, too.
- Stir and let cool for 1 minute before serving.
Makes 4 servings. One serving equals ¾ cup.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Reprinted with the permission of the California Department of Public Health. © 2007 State of California.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Problems With Standardized Testing