Applying to Boarding School: Required Testing
Standardized testing is another tool used to evaluate students. There are many such tests, and boarding schools differ in which tests they prefer. Contact the school's admission office to find out which tests it accepts as well as the registration dates, test dates, locations, and fees for the required tests. Schools typically require specific admission tests such as the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE), for which a student must be registered. International students may be required to provide scores from tests of English proficiency such as the Secondary Level English Proficiency Test (SLEP) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
This article was reprinted with permission from The Association of Boarding Schools
© 2004 The Association of Boarding Schools, All Rights Reserved
Reprinted with the permission of the Association of Boarding Schools. © 2004 The Association of Boarding Schools, All Rights Reserved.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Problems With Standardized Testing