State of Arizona Academic Standards
Arizona Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Arizona Academic Standards?
Arizona’s standards act as benchmarks for the skills and knowledge your child should acquire by the end of each grade.
Example of an Arizona Academic Standard: First Grade Mathematics
Number Sense: Count aloud, forward or backward, in consecutive order (0 through 100).
How do I find the Arizona Department of Education Academic Standards?
Standards are available to download from the Arizona State Department of Education for Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies, Foreign Language, Comprehensive Health, Technology, and Workplace Skills for kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Arizona content standards may be found on the Arizona Department of Education website, searchable by subject and grade (Kindergarten, 1-3, 4-8, and 9-12 grades).
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development