State of California Academic Standards
California Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the California Department of Education Academic Standards?
Content standards were designed to encourage the highest achievement of every student, by defining the knowledge, concepts, and skills that students should acquire at each grade level.
Example of an Academic Standard: First Grade Language Arts
Reading: Students understand the basic features of reading. They select letter patterns and know how to translate them into spoken language by using phonics, syllabication, and word parts. They apply this knowledge to achieve fluent oral and silent reading.
How do I find the California Department of Education Academic Standards?
Standards for California are available in Mathematics, Social Science, Language Arts, Physical Education, Science, Visual and Performing Arts, and English Language Development for all grades.
- Click the link that leads to the subject of your choice
- Click the grade you wish to view
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture
- The Pros and Cons of Nursing