State of Colorado Academic Standards
Colorado Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Colorado Academic Standards?
In response to the strong commitment of Colorado's populace, the Colorado General Assembly and the State Board of Education have built Colorado's education system around challenging academic standards.
Example of an Academic Standard: Kindergarten-4th Grade Civics
- Describe the purposes of government;
- Describe what life would be like without laws and order; and
- Identify a constitution as a framework for a government.
How do I find the Colorado Department of Education Academic Standards?
Academic standards are available for Civics, Dance, Economics, Foreign Language, Geography, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Reading and Writing, Science, Theatre, and Visual Arts for all grades.
Copy and paste this link: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeassess/documents/OSA/k12_standards.html
- Click the subject you wish to see in either PDF or HTML form.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development