State of Hawaii Academic Standards
Hawaii Academic Standards Overview
What are the Hawaii Academic Standards?
A standard is a benchmark indicator your child is expected to reach by the completion of his/her grade.
Example Academic Standard: Grade 7 Language Arts
Comprehension Processes: Use strategies for constructing meaning that include annotating, interpreting, connecting, and analyzing.
How do I Find the Hawaii Performance and Academic Standards?
Standards for Hawaii are Available in These Disciplines for All Grades:
Core Content Areas
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
Extended Core Content Areas
- Career and Technical Education (incorporating the Career and Life Skills)
- Educational Technology
- Fine Arts
- Physical Education
- World Languages
- Click the pulldowns for grade and subject.
- Click Go!
- Standards benchmarks are on the left side of the table; performance indicators are on the right side of the table.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- First Grade Sight Words List