Healthy Marinara Sauce
One serving is 3/4 cup; Calories: 159; Protein: 14gram; Fat:5gram; Carbohydrate: 12gram; Sodium: 651milligram
2 tablespoon Oil
Preparation: Heat in sauce pan over medium heat.
3/4 cup Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
Preparation: Add to oil. Cover and heat 2 minutes, stirring occassionally
2 cans Tomatoes, 15 ounce can
2 cans Tomato sauce, 15 ounce can
Preparation: Mash tomatoes into small pieces. Add to spices.
2 leaves bay leaf
1 teaspoon Basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Thyme
Add to tomato mixture. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
Brown in skillet. Place into a colander or strainer. Bring a tea kettle full or 3 quart sauce pan of water to a rapid boil. Pour water over mear catching underneath in a large 1/8th of the bowl. Add to tomato sauce mixture and continue to simmer another 20 minutes. from medium coals. Remove Bay leaves and serve over pasta or rice.
1 serving = 1 starch/bread + 1 1/2 meats
Reprinted with the permission of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- GED Math Practice Test 1