ICT Literacy - Important 21st Century Skill
- Using digital technology, communication tools and/or networks appropriately to access, manage, integrate, evaluate, and create information in order to function in a knowledge economy
- Using technology as a tool to research, organize, evaluate and communicate information, and the possession of a fundamental understanding of the ethical/legal issues surrounding the access and use of information
These documents were the result of a partnership between P21 and the national content groups to illustrate the intersection between 21st century tools and 21st century skills. They include Math, Geography, Science and English, with a Social Studies ICT Map in progress.
Site authored by the Boston Museum of Science that contains resources and information related to ICT literacy.
The ICT Literacy Portal is the "public face" of a fast growing international movement focused on promoting Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Digital Literacy. This website provides a rich global resource and collaborative environment for ICT Literacy.
General site on how to use ICT literacy to support writing and reading; includes teacher resources.
Corporate site for e-learning related to skills and ICT literacy
US Department of Education paper on use of ICT skills.
Research index on ICT literacy
Reprinted with the permission of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills. © 2004 Partnership for 21st Century Skills.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process