ICT Literacy - Important 21st Century Skill
- Using digital technology, communication tools and/or networks appropriately to access, manage, integrate, evaluate, and create information in order to function in a knowledge economy
- Using technology as a tool to research, organize, evaluate and communicate information, and the possession of a fundamental understanding of the ethical/legal issues surrounding the access and use of information
These documents were the result of a partnership between P21 and the national content groups to illustrate the intersection between 21st century tools and 21st century skills. They include Math, Geography, Science and English, with a Social Studies ICT Map in progress.
Site authored by the Boston Museum of Science that contains resources and information related to ICT literacy.
The ICT Literacy Portal is the "public face" of a fast growing international movement focused on promoting Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Digital Literacy. This website provides a rich global resource and collaborative environment for ICT Literacy.
General site on how to use ICT literacy to support writing and reading; includes teacher resources.
Corporate site for e-learning related to skills and ICT literacy
US Department of Education paper on use of ICT skills.
Research index on ICT literacy
Reprinted with the permission of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills. © 2004 Partnership for 21st Century Skills.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development