State of Illinois Academic Standards (page 2)
Illinois Academic Standards Overview Homepage
What are the Illinois Academic Standards?
The Illinois Learning Standards (ILS) define what all students in all Illinois public schools should know and be able to do in the seven core areas as a result of their elementary and secondary schooling.
The Illinois Learning Standards have not changed since their adoption in 1997. The Performance Descriptors and ILS-aligned Classroom Assessments were developed by Illinois teachers for Illinois teachers to enhance the ILS and to serve as resources to help teachers determine local performance expectations at each grade level.
Example Academic Standard: Early High School English Language Arts
Word Analysis and Vocabulary Skills: Expand knowledge of word origins and derivations and use idioms, analogies, metaphores and similies to extend vocabulary development.
How do I find the Illinois Academic Standards?
Standards for Illinois are for Language Arts, Fine Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, Physical Education and Health, and Social and Emotional Learning for all grades.
- Click the “descriptors and assessments” link under the subject you wish to view on the right side of the page.
- Click the grade you wish to view based on whether you want to see the assessments (various activities that assess a students performance) or the descriptors (clear cut standards that state what your child should be able to know or accomplish for that grade level).
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- The Homework Debate
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List