State of Kansas Academic Standards
Kansas Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Kansas Academic Standards?
Kansas standards reflect the expectations your child should be able to reach upon completion of each school year.
Example Academic Standard: High School Reading
The student reads and comprehends text across the curriculum:
- Determines meaning of words or phrases using context clues, (e.g., definitions, restatements, examples, descriptions, comparison-contrast, clue words, cause-effect) from sentences or paragraphs.
How do I Find the Kansas Academic Standards?
Detailed academic standards for Reading and Writing, Mathematics, Science, History, Government, Economics, Geography, and Social Studies, and some additional content areas, including Fine Arts, Foreign Language, and Physical Education are available for Kingergarten through Eighth Grade. More general academic standards are available for high school grades.
- On the left side of the page, click the subject for which you are interested in.
- Click the the yellow circle in the middle of the page below the grade for which you are interested in.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development