State of Louisiana Academic Standards
Louisiana Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Louisiana Grade Level Standards?
A grade-level expectation (GLE) is a statement that defines what all students should know and be able to do at the end of a given grade level. GLEs add further definition to the content standards and benchmarks.
Example Academic Standard: Eighth Grade Science
Physical Science: Properties and Changes of Properties in Matter
- Determine that all atoms of the same element are similar to but different from atoms of other elements.
How do I Find the Louisiana Academic Standards?
Grade level expecations are available for English Language Arts (PreK-12), Mathematics (PreK-12), Science (PreK-8), and Social Studies (PreK-8).
- In the center of the page, click the grade level under the subject you wish to view.
- You can either click the grade link for html format or click the pdf or word link next to it depending on which format you prefer.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture