State of Louisiana Academic Standards
Louisiana Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Louisiana Grade Level Standards?
A grade-level expectation (GLE) is a statement that defines what all students should know and be able to do at the end of a given grade level. GLEs add further definition to the content standards and benchmarks.
Example Academic Standard: Eighth Grade Science
Physical Science: Properties and Changes of Properties in Matter
- Determine that all atoms of the same element are similar to but different from atoms of other elements.
How do I Find the Louisiana Academic Standards?
Grade level expecations are available for English Language Arts (PreK-12), Mathematics (PreK-12), Science (PreK-8), and Social Studies (PreK-8).
- In the center of the page, click the grade level under the subject you wish to view.
- You can either click the grade link for html format or click the pdf or word link next to it depending on which format you prefer.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process