Media Literacy - Important 21st Century Skill
- Understanding how media messages are constructed, for what purposes and using which tools, characteristics and conventions.
- Examining how individuals interpret messages differently, how values and points of view are included or excluded and how media can influence beliefs and behaviors.
- Possessing a fundamental understanding of the ethical/legal issues surrounding the access and use of information
Excellent list of resources for teaching media literacy
Excellent list of resources for teaching and learning about media and information literacy
Online portal for media literacy education
Answers.com and Wikipedia defintions of media literacy with resource links
A pioneer in its field, the Center for Media Literacy (CML) is a nonprofit educational organization that provides leadership, public education, professional development and educational resources nationally. Dedicated to promoting and supporting media literacy.
Reprinted with the permission of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills. © 2004 Partnership for 21st Century Skills.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Child Development Theories
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development