State of Missouri Academic Standards
Missouri Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Standards?
The standards are divided into "Knowledge Standards" and "Performance Standards":
Knowledge standards suggest that Missouri students must build a solid foundation of factual knowledge and basic skills in the traditional content areas. The statements listed here represent such a foundation in:
Knowledge standards for the basis for the subject-specific standards that children of Missouri must achieve at each grade.
Performance standards are not a curriculum. Rather, the standards serve as a blueprint from which local school districts may write challenging curriculum to help all students achieve their maximum potential.
Example Academic Standard: Mathematics
Students in Missouri public schools will acquire a solid foundation which include knowledge of mathematical systems (including real numbers, whole numbers, integers, fractions), geometry, and number theory (including primes, factors, multiples).
How do I Find the Missouri Standards?
Standards for Missouri are Available for Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Health/Physical Education, and Communication Arts (Language Arts) for all grade.
- Click the subject on the right side of the page that you are interested in.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List