State of Nevada Academic Standards
Nevada Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Nevada Academic Standards?
The Nevada legislature passed major education reform legislation during its 1997 and 1999 sessions. A major emphasis of this legislation was to create standards to help improve the academic achievement of Nevada's students.
Example Nevada Standard: Eighth Grade Mathematics
Estimate in problem-solving situations and in practical applications; determine the reasonableness of the answer and verify the results.
How do I Find the Nevada Academic Standards?
Nevada standards are available for the Arts, Career and Technical Education, Computer and Technology, English Language Arts, English as a Second Language, Foreign Language, Health and Physical Education, Information Literacy, Mathematics, Pre-Kindergarten, Science, and Social Studies for all grades except grades 9-11.
- Click the subject you wish to see on the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click which standard you wish to see; you can either click the link below the subject you chose or there will be a link on the page that links to a word document or PDF with the standards.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner