State of New Mexico Academic Standards
New Mexico Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the New Mexico Academic Standards?
The State Board of Education adopted a policy on educational standards in October 1999. This policy provides a guide for the implementation of standards as a framework for the development of curriculum.
Example Academic Standard: Grade 5 Geography
Students will make and use different kinds of maps, globes, charts, and databases.
How do I Find the New Mexico Academic Standards?
Standards are available for the Health Education, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Visual and Performing Arts, Physical Education, and Modern, Classical, and Native Languages for all grades.
- Click the subject you wish to see.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture