Non U.S. Education Systems: Regional Information—Middle East
AMIDEAST is a U.S.-based organization providing information on Middle Eastern education systems and promoting exchanges between the U.S. and countries within the region. The site provides extensive information, student resources, and other regional resources.
Arab Net: Magic Carpet is a a search engine and link list, organized by country, that includes links to education sites and institutions. Maintained by ANT Technologies, a subsidiary of Saudi Arabian Research and Marketing Group.
Association of Arab Universities (AARU) is an international cooperative association intended to foster better relations and academic initiatives among the higher education institutions of the member states of the Arab League. Includes documents, statistics, and a directory of institutional contact information and some links.
Islamic Academy of Sciences is the official web site of the international organization promoting scientific, technological, and related development and cooperation across the Islamic world. Extensive information and links.
1001 Sites.Com: Arab Internet Directory is the search engine and web directory of Arab World Online, providing extensive links organized by country, many of which are to education and research organizations and institutions.
Reprinted with the permission of the U.S. Department of Education.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights