Obama and Education
President-elect Barack Obama has selected Arne Duncan, head of Chicago public schools, as Education Secretary. Duncan is known as a bold reformer, which Obama says is exactly what is needed to fix America's public schools. Obama has laid out a series of ambitious goals for education policy, including expanding early childhood education, funding for college, and charter schools. Learn more about the policies that will affect your child's education and voice your opinion!
College Financial Planning
No Child Left Behind
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights