State of Oregon Academic Standards
Oregon Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Oregon Academic Standards?
Standards-based education tells everyone—students, parents, teachers, administrators—what all students are expected to know and be able to do at specified grade levels. Oregon has developed academic content standards in English/ language arts, English language proficiency, mathematics, science, social sciences, physical education, health education, second language, and the arts.
Example Academic Standard: Grade 3 Mathematics
Computation and Estimation: Develop and evaluate strategies for multiplying whole numbers.
How do I Find the Oregon Academic Standards?
Standards for Oregon are available for Mathematics, Language Arts, Fine Arts, Health Education, Physical Education, Science, Social Sciences, Second Language, Career Related Learning, and English Language Proficiency for all grades.
- Click the pulldowns to select the subject, grade, and “strand" or specific aspect of the subject that you wish to see.
- Click "Search" to see your selection.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process