Special tip: For best results, after pouring the batter in the pan, spray the top with vegetable oil to obtain a golden brown color.
| 3 cups all-purpose flour (15 oz)
2 Tbsp baking powder
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp salt
2 large fresh eggs or ½ cup whole frozen eggs (4), thawed
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 cups milk, low-fat
- In a mixing bowl, use the whip attachment on low speed to combine all ingredients for 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix on medium speed for 1 minute, until batter is smooth.
- Pour 1 quart 1 cup (2 lb 15 oz) of batter into each lightly greased half-sheet pan (18 inches by 13 inches by 1 inch).
- To Bake: Conventional Oven: 450° F, 10 minutes Convection Oven: 400° F, 8 minutes Bake until golden brown.
- Cut each pan into 25 pieces (5 inches by 5 inches).
| Yield: 25 servings: 2 lb 9 oz
Serving size: 1 piece
provides the equivalent of
1 slice of bread
Each serving provides:
Protein: 3 g
Carbohydrate: 17 g
| Total fat: 3.1 g
Saturated fat: 0.7 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Vitamin A: 26 RE/89 IU
Vitamin C: 0 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Calcium: 106 mg
Sodium: 324 mg
Fiber: 0 g
Variations of Oven-Baked Pancakes
Whole Wheat Pancakes
In Step 1, instead of using 15 oz of all-purpose flour, substitute a mixture of 7 oz (1½ cups) of whole wheat flour and 7 oz (1½ cups) of all-purpose flour. Continue with Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 as directed.
In Step 1, in place of all-purpose flour, substitute a mixture of 5 oz (1 cup) buckwheat flour, 5 oz (1 cup) enriched bran flour, and 5 oz (1 cup) whole wheat flour. Continue with Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 as directed.
Reprinted with the permission of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- Problems With Standardized Testing