(makes 12 pretzels)
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine water, sugar and salt then sprinkle yeast on surface of water. Let stand for 10 minutes to activate yeast.
- Stir in flour and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth. To knead dough, flatten it with your hands, fold the dough into quarters and then flatten again. Do this for about five minutes. Flour your hands and the work surface to keep the dough from sticking.
- Roll the dough into 12" lengths, about 1/2" thick. Form the dough strips into different shapes: the "usual pretzel shape," numbers, letters, etc. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with egg or water then sprinkle lightly with salt (optional).
Bake at 425º F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Reprinted with the permission of King County. © 2008 King County
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List