Rainbow Fruit Salad
Good as a side dish or dessert, this salad made from fresh fruit is naturally low in fat, saturated fat, and sodium and is cholesterol-free.
| 1 large mango, peeled and diced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 bananas, sliced
2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
2 cups seedless grapes
2 nectarines, unpeeled and sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Honey orange sauce:
| ⅓ cup unsweetened orange juice
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1½ Tbsp honey
¼ tsp ground ginger
- Prepare the fruit.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and mix.
- Just before serving, pour honey orange sauce over the fruit.
| Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 4-oz cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 1 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
| Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 4 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 1 g
Carbohydrate: 24 g
Potassium: 302 mg
Reprinted with the permission of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner