Rare Syndromes and Disorders
Info in English on Rare Disorders
Looking for information on a rare disorder?
Contact any or all of the following:
- the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD), at 1.800.999.6673, and:
- the Office of Rare Disorders at the National Institutes of Health, at:
- the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center, which is a part of the Office of Rare Disorders and which answers questions from the general public, including patients and their families, health care professionals and biomedical researchers. Call toll-free at: 1.888.205.2311 (Voice), 1.888.205.3223 (TTY).
- DiseaseInfoSearch, for information on specific genetic conditions, at: http://geneticalliance.org/ws_display.asp?filter=diseases
Info in Spanish on Rare Disorders
- Spanish Information on Disability Conditions (English version)
Part of NICHCY's stand-alone pages on Spanish materials on disability conditions includes a listing of Spanish language resources on rare syndromes/disorders. (Note: For our Spanish speaking users, we also offer this resource page completely in Spanish, below.)
- The Spanish version---Informacion en Espanol sobre Discapacidades Especificas.
NICHCY se complace en conectarle a fuentes de informacion en espanol sobre Sindromes/Desordenes Raros. Presentamos esta pagina en espanol para nuestros usuarios hispanohablantes.
Reprinted with the permission of the National Dissemination Center.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- Problems With Standardized Testing