State of South Dakota Academic Standards
South Dakota Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the South Dakota Academic Standards?
The South Dakota Content Standards articulate an essential core of knowledge and skills that the state as a whole wants students to master. Standards clarify what students are expected to know and be able to do at various points in their K-12 academic career. Local adoption and implementation of state standards ensures that the education students receive is consistently strong across all of South Dakota, and that completion of high school has common meaning throughout the state.
Example Academic Standard: Grade 6 Language Arts
Listening, Viewing, and Speaking: Students can listen, view, and speak to communicate, retrieve, interpret, and evaluate information.
How do I Find the South Dakota Standards?
South Dakota Standards are Available for Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Career Education, and World Languages for all grades.
- Click the subject you wish to view; all grades are presented
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- The Homework Debate