State of Alabama Academic Standards
What are the Alabama Academic Standards?
Academic standards are statements of what students should know and be able to do. Standards are usually delineated by subject and grade level. Different types of standards address various aspects important to learning.
Example of an Academic Standard: Kindergarten Language Arts
Reading Comprehension: Students will exhibit an awareness of the concept of story.
- Associating written words with a story
- Relating personal experience to picture text
- Identifying with characters or events in a story
- Beginning to recognize elements of a story
How do I find the Alabama Academic Standards?
Standards are available to download from the Alabama State Department of Education for English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies for grades kindergarten through twelfth grade. To access this content, follow the instructions below:
- Choose the appropriate link from those listed below.
- Download the document according to the page's instructions.
English Language Arts