State of Alabama Academic Standards (page 2)
What are the Alabama Academic Standards?
Academic standards are statements of what students should know and be able to do. Standards are usually delineated by subject and grade level. Different types of standards address various aspects important to learning.
Example of an Academic Standard: Kindergarten Language Arts
Reading Comprehension: Students will exhibit an awareness of the concept of story.
- Associating written words with a story
- Relating personal experience to picture text
- Identifying with characters or events in a story
- Beginning to recognize elements of a story
How do I find the Alabama Academic Standards?
Standards are available to download from the Alabama State Department of Education for English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies for grades kindergarten through twelfth grade. To access this content, follow the instructions below:
- Choose the appropriate link from those listed below.
- Download the document according to the page's instructions.
English Language Arts
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process