State of Kentucky Academic Standards (page 2)
Kentucky Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Kentucky Academic Standards?
The centerpiece of Kentucky's education reform effort is its vision of what students should know and be able to do as a result of their school experience. Every aspect of the reform movement is designed to promote student attainment of these goals and to measure our progress in helping them to do so.
Example Kentucky Academic Standards: Mathematics
Students understand space and dimensionality concepts and use them appropriately and accurately.
How do I Find the Kentucky Academic Standards?
Rathern than delineating academic expectations by specific academic subjects, Kentucky has identified six learning goals that relate to productive engagement with society (e.g., use basic communication and mathematics skills for purposes and situations they will encounter throughout their lives). Goals are divivded by elementary, middle, and high school.
- Scroll down the Kentucky's Learning Goals and Academic Expectations page to reach the Academic Expectations section.
- The link above each standard takes the user to the elementary, middle, and high school expectations for each standard.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- First Grade Sight Words List