State of Maryland Academic Standards
Maryland Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Maryland Academic Standards?
A standard is a benchmark indicator your child is expected to reach by the completion of his/her grade.
Example Curriculum Standard: Kindergarten Language Arts
Phonemic Awareness: Discriminate sounds and words
How do I Find the Maryland Academic Standards?
Standards are available from the Maryland State Department of Education for grades K-8 in the following disciplines:
- Reading/English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts
- Health & PE
- Foreign Language
- English Language Proficiency
- Technology Education
- Choose a subject and grade level from the Voluntary State Curriculum page.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List