State of Maryland Academic Standards
Maryland Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Maryland Academic Standards?
A standard is a benchmark indicator your child is expected to reach by the completion of his/her grade.
Example Curriculum Standard: Kindergarten Language Arts
Phonemic Awareness: Discriminate sounds and words
How do I Find the Maryland Academic Standards?
Standards are available from the Maryland State Department of Education for grades K-8 in the following disciplines:
- Reading/English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts
- Health & PE
- Foreign Language
- English Language Proficiency
- Technology Education
- Choose a subject and grade level from the Voluntary State Curriculum page.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development