State of MassachusettsAcademic Standards
Massachusetts Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Massachusetts Academic Standards?
The Curriculum Frameworks are of high quality, results driven, and focus on world class standards. What is important to remember is that each of the curriculum frameworks will always be considered as works in progress, and we will continue to refine them to strengthen them and to keep them current. Local communities will use the frameworks to develop more specific curriculum. The Department of Education will base the new student assessment program on the frameworks.
Example Academic Standard: High School Earth and Space Science
Energy Resources in the Earth System: Recognize, describe, and compare renewable energy resources (e.g., solar, wind, water, biomass) and nonrenewable energy resources (e.g., fossil fuels, nuclear energy).
How do I Find the Massacusetts Academic Standards?
Curriculum frameworks are available for Arts, English Language Arts, Foreign Languages, Comprehensive Health, Mathematics, History and Social Science, Science and Technology/Engineering, and English Proficiency Benchmarks for PreK through Twelfth Grade.
- From the dropdown menu, select the subject for which you are interested.
- Select the grade for which you are interested or select "All" to see all of the grades. You also have additional choices to include examples, show attached files, show MCAS (Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System) questions, or show district guidelines.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture
- The Pros and Cons of Nursing