State of Mississippi Academic Standards
State of Mississippi Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Mississippi Academic Standards?
Standards outline what students should know and be able to do at each grade level.
Example Academic Standard: Ninth Grade Language Arts
The student will develop and apply expansive knowledge of words and word meanings to communicate.
- Students will analyze the relationships of pairs of words in analogical statements (e.g., synonyms and antonyms) and infer word meanings from these relationships.
How do I find the Mississippi Academic Standards?
Standards are available from the Mississippi State Department of Education for the following subjects:
Business and Technology
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Click the appropriate subject link.
On the individual subject page, scroll down to the Curriculum Framework section and select the grade level you are looking for (Note: Some links will go directly to a PDF document).
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Teaching Your Kids About Ramadan