State of New York Academic Standards (page 2)
What are the State of New York Academic Standards?
A standard is a benchmark indicator your child is expected to reach by the completion of his/her grade.
Example of an Academic Standard: Mathematics, Standard 3
Students will understand the concepts of and become proficient with the skills of mathematics; communicate and reason mathematically; become problem solvers by using appropriate tools and strategies; through the integrated study of number sense and operations, algebra, geometry, measurement, and statistics and probability.
How Do I Find the State of New York Academic Standards?
- Choose a subject area from the links on the main curriculum page.
- Under the “Resources” section on the subject area main page, look for the “Core curriculum”document.
- This link will take you to the Curriculum page where the K-12 curriculum standards can be downloaded in PDF, Word, or HTML.
Standards are available for Grades K-12 in the following disciplines:
- Career Development and Occupational Studies
- English Language Arts
- Health, Physcial Education, and Family and Consumer Sciences
- Languages Other Than English
- Math, Science, Technology
- Social Studies
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- Problems With Standardized Testing