State of North Carolina Academic Standards
State of North Carolina Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the North Carolina Academic Standards?
North Carolina first established a Standard Course of Study in 1898. The North Carolina Standard Course of Study provides every content area a set of competencies for each grade and high school course. Its intent is to ensure rigorous student academic performance standards that are uniform across the state. It is based on a philosophy of teaching and learning that is consistent with current research, exemplary practices, and national standards.
How do I Find the North Carolina Academic Standards?
- Choose a subject from sidebar located on the left hand side of the “NC Standard Course of Study" page.
- Select the Standard Course of Study link.
- Scroll down the list of Grade Level Curriculum to choose the appropriate grade level
Standards are available from the North Carolina State Department of Education for the Arts Education, Computer/Technology Skills, ESL, English Language Arts, Healthful Living, Mathematics, Second Languages, Science, Social Studies, and Career Technical Education for all grades.
The Learner will develop and apply strategies and skills to comprehend text that is read, heard, and viewed.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- First Grade Sight Words List
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- Child Development Theories
- Theories of Learning
- The Homework Debate