State of North Carolina Academic Standards (page 2)
State of North Carolina Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the North Carolina Academic Standards?
North Carolina first established a Standard Course of Study in 1898. The North Carolina Standard Course of Study provides every content area a set of competencies for each grade and high school course. Its intent is to ensure rigorous student academic performance standards that are uniform across the state. It is based on a philosophy of teaching and learning that is consistent with current research, exemplary practices, and national standards.
How do I Find the North Carolina Academic Standards?
- Choose a subject from sidebar located on the left hand side of the “NC Standard Course of Study" page.
- Select the Standard Course of Study link.
- Scroll down the list of Grade Level Curriculum to choose the appropriate grade level
Standards are available from the North Carolina State Department of Education for the Arts Education, Computer/Technology Skills, ESL, English Language Arts, Healthful Living, Mathematics, Second Languages, Science, Social Studies, and Career Technical Education for all grades.
The Learner will develop and apply strategies and skills to comprehend text that is read, heard, and viewed.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process