Special Needs State Resources
NICHCY compiles disability-related resources in each state, and creates State Resource Sheets. This handy resource sheet will help you locate organizations and agencies within your state that address disability-related issues, including:
- State agencies serving children and youth with disabilities
- State chapters of disability organizations and parent groups
- Parent training and information projects
- And much more, including the official State Web site, Governors and U.S. Senators, and other useful associations and organizations.
To help you use your state's resource sheet,
we recommend these two steps...
Sneak a peek at our "cheat sheet" to the State Resource Sheets.
A lot of organizations are listed on your state's resource sheet. Which ones address your needs and concerns? Use our cheat sheet to find your way through the list to what you need.
Pick your state from the list below.
Check out the resources in your state. If you need to, narrow your search using the cheat sheet.
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
Reprinted with the permission of the National Dissemination Center.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- GED Math Practice Test 1