State of Rhode Island Academic Standards
What are the State of Rhode Island Academic Standards?
There are two kinds of standards: content standards and performance standards.
Content Standards describe what students need to know, understand, and be able to do in a specific content area such a s English language arts or mathematics.
Performance standards tell how good is good enough--that is, how well the student has to perform to achieve or exceed the standard.
Example of an Academic Standard: Mathematics, Grade 7
Accurately solves problems involving the addition or subtraction of integers, raising numbers to whole number powers, and determining square roots of perfect square numbers and non-perfect square numbers.
How Do I find the State of Rhode Island Academic Standards?
From the Office of Instruction main page, choose a subject from the sidebar on the left hand side of the page. Click on the PDF link to download the subject Framework. Frameworks are available from the Connecticut State Department of Education for Elementary, Middle, and High School students in the following disciplines:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Family/Consumer Science Education
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development