State of Indiana Academic Standards
State of Indiana Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Indiana Academic Standards?
The world is changing quickly. In order for students to succeed in school, at work, and in the community, they will need more skills and knowledge than ever before. To meet these challenges, Indiana established world-class academic standards in English/language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. These standards outline what students should know and be able to do at each grade level.
Example Academic Standard: 7th Grade Mathematics
Geometry: Geometry involves relationships among shapes and their properties and offers ways to interpret our physical environment. Geometry allows the development of students’ reasoning skills.
How do I Find the Indiana Academic Standards?
Organized by content area and grade level, this Web site allows Indiana's Academic Standards, and their accompanying resources, to be viewed, printed, or downloaded.
Standards are available for grades K-8 in the following disciplines:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Additional content areas
- From the drop-down menu toward the top of the page, select the subject for which you would like to see the academic standards.
- From the Standards Summary page, choose a grade level from the second drop-down menu for grade-specific standards.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- First Grade Sight Words List