State of Virginia Academic Standards
State of Virginia Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Virginia Academic Standards?
The Standards of Learning for Virginia Public Schools describe the commonwealth's expectations for student learning and achievement in grades K-12 in English, mathematics, science, history and social science, technology, the fine arts, foreign language, health and physical education, and driver education.
Example Academic Standard: Grade 5 English
The student will listen, draw conclusion, and share response in subject-related group learning activities.
How do I Find the Virginia Academic Standards?
Virginia standards are available for Mathematics, Science, History and Social Science, English as a Second Language (ESL), Foreign Language, Fine Arts and Health/PE/Driver Education for grades K-12.
- Choose a subject from the "Contents" section of the page.
- The subject standards will be listed under the resources section of the page.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory