State of West Virginia Academic Standards
State of West Virginia Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the West Virginia Academic Standards?
A standard is a benchmark indicator your child is expected to reach by the completion of his/her grade.
Example Academic Standard: Grade 4 Science
History and the Nature of Science: Students will demonstrate an understanding of the history of science and the evolvement of scientific knowledge.
How do I Find the West Virginia Academic Standards?
Standards are available from the West Virginia State Department of Education for Reading and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Health Content, Physical Education, Foreign Language, Driver Education, Dance, Music, Theatre, and Art for grades K-12.
- Choose a subject from the "Content Standards and Objectives Policies" page.
- Download the subject's PDF or Word doc.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes