State of Wisconsin Academic Standards
State of Wisconsin Model Academic Standards Overiew Page
What are the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards?
Academic standards specify what students should know and be able to do, what they might be asked to do to give evidence of standards, and how well they must perform. They include content, performance, and proficiency standards.
Example Model Academic Standard: Grade 12 Writing
Create or produce writing to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
- Write a coherent argument that takes a position, accurately summarizes an opposing position, refutes that position, and cites persuasive evidence
How do I Find the Model Academic Standards?
Standards are available from the Wisconsin Department of Education for grades 4, 8, 12 in the following core subjects:
English Language Arts
Other Wisconsin Model Academic Standards available are:
Art and Design Education
Family and Consumer Education
Information and Technology Literacy
Personal Financial Literacy
- Technology Education
- Theatre Education
- From the sidebar on the left of the page, choose the subject you wish to view.
Scroll down the subject page to choose a content or performance standard for grades 4, 8, or 12.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture