State of Wisconsin Academic Standards
State of Wisconsin Model Academic Standards Overiew Page
What are the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards?
Academic standards specify what students should know and be able to do, what they might be asked to do to give evidence of standards, and how well they must perform. They include content, performance, and proficiency standards.
Example Model Academic Standard: Grade 12 Writing
Create or produce writing to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
- Write a coherent argument that takes a position, accurately summarizes an opposing position, refutes that position, and cites persuasive evidence
How do I Find the Model Academic Standards?
Standards are available from the Wisconsin Department of Education for grades 4, 8, 12 in the following core subjects:
English Language Arts
Other Wisconsin Model Academic Standards available are:
Art and Design Education
Family and Consumer Education
Information and Technology Literacy
Personal Financial Literacy
- Technology Education
- Theatre Education
- From the sidebar on the left of the page, choose the subject you wish to view.
Scroll down the subject page to choose a content or performance standard for grades 4, 8, or 12.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Problems With Standardized Testing