Summer Camps for Children with Special Needs
Here is NICHCY's quick connect to camps and summer opportunities. Some of the listings below identify camps available to all children, while some are especially for children who have disabilities. It is also very likely that your community has summer camps or recreational opportunities available that you won't find listed here. To find out what's available in your community, consult local sources of information such as your child's teachers, parks and/or recreation departments, area private schools, religious organizations, other community groups, parent centers, and fellow parents.
Association of Independent Camps
Summer Camp Search
Reprinted with the permission of the National Dissemination Center.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- GED Math Practice Test 1