Summer Camps for Children with Special Needs
Here is NICHCY's quick connect to camps and summer opportunities. Some of the listings below identify camps available to all children, while some are especially for children who have disabilities. It is also very likely that your community has summer camps or recreational opportunities available that you won't find listed here. To find out what's available in your community, consult local sources of information such as your child's teachers, parks and/or recreation departments, area private schools, religious organizations, other community groups, parent centers, and fellow parents.
Association of Independent Camps
Summer Camp Search
Reprinted with the permission of the National Dissemination Center.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process