Ten Loving Things You Can Do To Boost Your Child's Development
Good parenting is the greatest gift you can give your child... that and love, safety, and nurturing! One ingredient to being a good parent is to have good role models. Not all parents know how to do that. By learning and/or improving your parenting skills, you can be a wonderful a parent, as well as a wonderful role model.
Anyone and everyone can learn good parenting skills. Even parents who are overwhelmed, or alone. The first three years of your child’s life are crucial. Those are the years that your child will develop significant intellectual, emotional and social abilities. That’s when they learn to give and accept love. They learn confidence, security, and empathy… they learn to be curious and persistent… everything your child needs to learn to relate well to others, and lead a happy and productive life. The first three years are the doorway to forever!
You can make a difference in your child’s development by:
- Interacting – Spend time watching them and responding to their cues. They will feel loved and nurtured.
- Loving Touches – Cradle them, hold them. Hugs and nurturing are critical to a child’s development. It keeps them calm and comforted, and gives them courage to move on.
- A Stable Relationship – They need someone special to be there when they call.
- Safe, Healthy Environment – Plug the outlets, block the stairs. Keep lead away! Make a safe, special place so for them to explore.
- Self-Esteem – They can, they can, they can --- with your love and encouragement! Praise them often!
- Quality Child Care – Children must be cared for in your absence with people you can trust. Check references.
- Communication –Even babies need the stimulation of conversation.
- Play – Learn how to play together. Have fun. You’ll teach your children a lot!
- Music – Music is fun and soothing and helps them through their developmental stages.
- Reading – Teaches with pictures, with words and with love. You’ll help your children become good readers by reading to them.
All rights reserved. Love Our Children USA™ 1999-2010
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- First Grade Sight Words List